About this Event
We’re thrilled to announce to you that we’re bringing a unique educational event to our community this fall called, Elder Advocacy & Law Boot Camp!
Our goal is to build Contra Costa’s most important annual gathering of long-term caregivers, geriatric case managers, social workers, and nursing home administrators to learn about effective tools and resources for urgent matters facing our elders.
Our Speakers and Topics Include:
- Dori Sproul, Family Care Specialist, Alzheimer’s Association of Northern California — “Effective Communication Strategies” Learn how to decode verbal and behavioral communication by persons with dementia and discover how to respond in ways that are helpful at all stages of the disease.
- Claire Ramsey, J.D., Senior Staff Attorney, Justice on Aging — “In-Home Support Services” We will discuss which patients can be eligible for IHSS and the special rules that apply to patients being discharged from hospitals and facilities.
- Nicole Howell, Executive Director, Ombudsman Services of Contra Costa and Solano Counties — “Family Councils and Regulatory Updates” We will explain the best practices for working with family councils, facility licensing, and review regulation updates.
- Dr. Nancy Rolnik, MD, CAQSM, Remedy Sports and Regenerative Medicine — “Alternate Options to Address Pain and Inflammation” Dr. Rolnik will share research and a wide variety of alternate approaches she uses to address pain, inflammation, avoid surgery, and treat post-operative failure. Topics of discussion include diet, exercise, and regenerative treatments such as platelet-rich plasma and stem cell therapies to help all of us remain active as we age.
- Kirsten Howe, J.D., Managing Attorney, Absolute Trust Counsel, — “Guide to Helpers” Discover more on the agents and professionals who help families navigate the world of long-term care
- Kirsten Howe, J.D., Managing Attorney, Absolute Trust Counsel, — “Elder Law Hot Topics: What You Need to Know NOW” We will cover Medi-Cal eligibility planning, the application process, how to avoid the “in-the-red” bed and cover the latest developments in elder law.
This is a one-day educational experience aimed at strengthening your elder care solutions – a networking event you don’t want to miss